Social media is a subject we talk about often in terms of brand promotion and business growth. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest are all major players in the social sphere of influence. Companies spend millions each year on advertising through social media, and some even dedicate a full-time position just to social media management.
Social media is a fast-changing landscape, and with all the changes happening so quickly, it’s easy to get left behind or even buried by neglecting your business’ online presence. Since you can’t do it all, it’s important to pick one or two platforms and really focus your engagement there. This infographic, created by topwebdesignschools.com, illustrates the relationship between companies and different types of social media, including what platforms are being used and what platforms are getting left behind in the dust.
If you think about it, social media is the ultimate word of mouth: a like, comment, share, retweet, or repin on social media all have a much wider-reaching impact to a larger audience than a simple verbal communication. Consider these facts:
- 86% of marketers say social media is important for their business.
- 76% of marketers have integrated social engagement into their traditional marketing activities.
- The leading social media sites for companies are Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- 89% of marketers say they use social networking sites to increase exposure.
- 43% admit to using social platforms to improve sales.
- 62% of companies that spend over 40 hours a week utilizing social media say they see a difference in their customer base.
- 92% of marketers saw a positive difference by spending as little as 6 hours a week on their social engagement.
This infographic also covers the forecasted future of social media use by brands. We may begin seeing daily deal sites (like Groupon) and geo-location sites go extinct in favor of sites like YouTube, Pinterest, and Google+.
Feel free to comment, like, and share our infographic on Selling Social!
Image compliments of Top Web Design Schools