Wasn’t it just yesterday we were thinking about our New Year’s resolutions and wondering what the year might hold for us? And yet here we are, in the month of April! As we approach the end of the 1st quarter, it’s a strategic time to review what we’ve accomplished so far, and look ahead at the remaining tasks.
If we were sitting down sharing a cup of coffee and discussing how the business year has gone so far, these are a few questions we might ask:
- What goals have you accomplished so far?
- Have the dynamics and needs of your business changed since January?
- What tasks have you began working on, but haven’t finished yet?
- What kinds of roadblocks are you running into that are preventing your progress?
After talking about the answers to those questions, we would share with you these three tips Propel has found invaluable:
- Focus the quarter. Of the goals you set in January, what will be most strategic for you to accomplish between now and June? Set a milestone you would like to see your business reach in three months. Devote the majority of your focus on a few objectives that will help you reach that point rather than trying to get everything done at once.
- Create actionable steps. Having big goals is key to seeing your business grow. But the thing about big goals is that they can be overwhelming. The best way we’ve found to tackle big goals or projects is to break them down into smaller tasks. For example, if your only exercise goal is to run a marathon, that would be a pretty difficult thing to do without working up to it. But when you break that goal down to a plan of running 2 miles 3 times this week, running a marathon becomes more attainable.
- Be accountable. Having the right people holding you to the goals will help you stay on track. We have seen this in our own business: someone asking the right questions and reminding us of our goals makes us far more likely to actually achieve them. An outside perspective could be just what you need to jumpstart your productivity. If you haven’t started working towards the top priorities you set in January, now might be a good time to consider sitting down and having a conversation with us about how to accomplish those goals.
In addition to our other services, Propel offers project management. We can help provide the accountability and strategy you need to start moving forward with achieving your plans.We work on strategy and planning to help you grow your business. Be sure to let us know if we can help you succeed in your growth goals, by assisting with strategy and growth project management.
Our clients have experienced growth in many ways with our help. What tasks do you know need to be accomplished that you just aren’t finding the time to finish? Our one-on-one strategic interview will help us identify what really needs to be done and what we can do to support you!
As we continue onward, we wish you success in all the things you set your mind to this year!