Why branding your business makes all the difference.
Let’s start off by first discussing what a logo is. A logo is usually the first representation of your company that potential customers associate your brand with. A professional designer often designs a logo because there is no worse representation of your brand than a badly designed logo.
The logo can be the first thing that consumers think of when they hear your brand, such as Nike or Apple. Because of this, you want your logo to be simple but impacting, as it is the visual identity of your company. You want your logo to be a visual expression of your brand attributes and values, to be different and stand out from your competitors without going overboard and ultimately to demonstrate your company’s unique personality.
There are multiple reasons why you should have a logo, or consider having a new logo designed. Here is a list of some of the reasons why branding is important to your business:
- If you are starting a new business
- If your company name has changed and/or merged with another company
- If your company isn’t standing out from your competitors
- If you are introducing a new service or product line
- If the nature of your business has taken a new or different direction
- If you’ve had the same logo for decades and it’s become outdated
- If consumers aren’t able to identify what your current logo represents
- If another company has a similar logo style and/or color theme
- If you want your business to look more complete as a whole package
- If you want to attract a larger clientele by looking like a well put together company
- If you want to demonstrate you have an established company
- If you want to be memorable to new and returning customers
- If you want consumers to view you as reputable
- If you want to show the meaning behind your company’s name in a visual way
- If you want to give customers and clients a sense of stability and commitment
Overall, you can see that there are plenty of reasons why branding is important to your business. When you start to weigh the pros and cons, it is easy to see that having a logo builds trust and is a sure way to represent your company as reliable, stable, and that you are a force to be reckoned with. If that isn’t enough of a reason, read this Forbes article about how emotions can be linked to a logo.
What are some companies that you think have well-done logos? What companies do you think should have their logos redone?